“Although IYAB works to improve YVC and therefore improve volunteer opportunities across North America, it’s also improving the lives of its representatives! I’m so very proud to have been a part of this. I couldn’t tell you how many inspiring people I’ve met through this journey, and it’s been the most wonderful learning experience I may have ever had.”
– Lindsay, 16
International Youth Advisory Board
Youth Volunteer Corps is now accepting applications for the 2022-23 International Youth Advisory Board (IYAB)! Youth who are enthusiastic and energized, love to make a difference in their communities, attend YVC projects, and are ages 11-18, are all encouraged to apply for IYAB!
Why join IYAB? IYAB is a group of young leaders who work together to meet these three goals:
- Emphasize youth perspective in Youth Volunteer Corps Headquarters
- Empower community responsibility and leadership
- Encourage collaboration across the network
Each IYAB meeting and special project aims at meeting these goals. IYAB members have the unique opportunity to meet and learn from other youth volunteers across the YVC network, work on special projects, advance the mission of YVC, give youth perspective for YVCHQ, and grow as leaders in their communities!
Many youth volunteers serve with YVC each year, and we are looking for the best 20-30 youth to serve on IYAB. IYAB is a prestigious position, and we truly believe that youth can change the world. We ask that all IYAB members can commit to the following:
- Commit to attending monthly IYAB Zoom calls according to the schedule outlined below. The IYAB term runs August through May.
- YAB members are permitted three absences throughout the term. Missing a meeting requires a notice in advance to IYAB leader.
- Volunteer regularly with your local YVC program (at least four times per IYAB term) and remain in good standing with your local YVC.
- Strive to attend the YVC Summit. Summit includes leadership opportunities and an in-person IYAB meeting.
- Work together with other members of IYAB to further YVC’s mission and IYAB goals.
- Work with your local YVC Program Director to bring new ideas from IYAB back to your own YVC to improve you YVC’s impact on the community.
- Be willing to meet new people, share ideas, be challenged, try something new, and have fun!
Ready to apply?
Interested in applying for IYAB? Apply now! Applications are due June 30, 2022.
Still have questions?
Check out the FAQ page for more information about IYAB.
Contact Sarah Miller for more information.