YVC Program Standards
– Conduct frequent, supervised, team-based service projects that address a variety of important community needs.
– Recruit youth ages 11-18 who represent the diversity of the program’s community.
– Assign a program director responsible for managing the program.
– Establish an integrated education and reflection process for participants.
– Provide leadership opportunities for youth volunteers.
– Use the trademark Youth Volunteer Corps name and logo prominently in close coordination with the name and logo of the YVC host.
– Provide no financial inducement for youth volunteer participation.
– Participate in the program evaluation process.
While a Youth Volunteer Corps program is traditionally hosted by a local nonprofit organization such as a YMCA, United Way, or another youth-serving organization, there are a few programs that have been successful running independently with no host organization.
As an individual, you can choose to either propose the YVC program to a potential host organization or try to launch YVC independently. If you want to propose YVC to a credible organization whose mission aligns with ours, go to the Organizations page for the information you need to present to them.
The best way to explore if now is the right time to bring YVC to your community is to start a dialogue with our team at YVC Headquarters! Our staff will help you understand the capacity, need, and potential for YVC. We believe any community with a youth willing to serve is one where YVC belongs and you may be the champion to help get us there!
Once these discussions are underway, you will be prompted to begin the process below which allows us to evaluate the capacity of individuals considering launching YVC independently and determine how we could best support their efforts in doing so:
- Download and complete the Independent YVC Application. Submit application and attachments to YVC Headquarters.
- YVC Headquarters will confirm your application and other attachments were submitted successfully and include a timeline for what to expect within the coming months. Applications are kept confidential and neither YVC nor the applicant is bound in any way by their submission.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Affiliate Services Team within two weeks of submission. You may be contacted if more information is required.
- If your application passes its preliminary review, YVC Headquarters will request an interview.
- If you are accepted for affiliation after the interview, you will be sent the YVC Affiliation Agreement and an invoice for affiliation dues.
- When your signed YVC Affiliation Agreement and dues are returned, YVC’s President and Board Chair will each sign the agreement and return to you a final version.
- Welcome to the YVC family!