The Presidential Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) honors individuals whose service positively impacts communities across the United States. Youth Volunteer Corps Headquarters (YVCHQ) is a certifying organization that can administer the PVSA to youth volunteers across the YVC network who meet the requirements for the award. Visit the Presidential Volunteer Service Award’s website to learn more, and read below to discover how affiliates can give this award to their eligible youth volunteers. YVCHQ will be accepting applications for the PVSA in September 2021, and we will order award packages in December 2021.
Youth volunteers must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the PVSA:
- U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
- Must meet the hours in the table below within a single program year (September 1-August 31) to earn awards in each age group.
- Service hours cannot be for court-ordered community service.
- Service hours submitted for this award can only be service hours achieved through Youth Volunteer Corps that are verified in Ydat.
- The age of the youth on August 31 (the final day of the program year) determines which age group they are in. (i.e. If Sam turns 16 on August 25, he falls under the 16-18 age group for that program year.)
|11-15||50-74 hours||75-99 hours||100+ hours|
|16-18||100-174 hours||175-249 hours||250+ hours|
i.e. If Sally Smith is 12 years old and completed 90 service hours from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021, she is eligible for a silver award.
There are several different award packages an affiliate can choose to give to youth volunteers receiving the PVSA. In the application form, you will be able to choose among the following award packages: