“Summit changed my life and I made tons of new connections with people from all over.” -A participant in a recent Summit
Interested in becoming a Summit sponsor?
Contact Chelan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amazing youth volunteers and program leaders.
An annual opportunity to bring the YVC family together. We spend time learning from each other, celebrating our successes, and plotting our way forward. Summit is where we grow together and connect with others across the network.
October 11 & 12, 2019
One of National Geographic’s Best Trips destinations for 2019, Kansas City! Did you know, the last season of Netflix’s “Queer Eye” was filmed in Kansas City?!? They loved the city and we know you will too. KC is also listed as a top travel destination in 2019 by the Wall Street Journal. Don’t take our word for it, read and listen to more information on our local public radio station, KCUR. Experience the city for yourself this October.
Special arrangements have been made with the Crowne Plaza hotel. Reserve by September 13th for our special room rate of $149/night. You will need to let the hotel know you are making a reservation for the Youth Volunteer Corps Summit room block, or use this reservation link to book your stay. The hotel number is 816-474-6664
Your Summit registration ticket is an all-access pass to two full days of learning, networking and fun! With it, you’ll have the opportunity to meet your peers and make new friends while celebrating and serving with some of the most passionate volunteers you’ll ever know. Each attendee will also receive meals, conference materials and a t-shirt included in their ticket price. Normally, a conference this amazing would cost $435. However, since the staff here at YVCHQ feels it is so important for youth and adults alike to attend, we’ve substantially subsidized the cost of admission. Hotel accommodations are not included.
Register by September 13 for early bird pricing!
Youth – $145
Adult – $170
On Friday, breakfast and lunch are covered for attendees. Friday night is dinner on your own and everyone is encouraged to enjoy Kansas City. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are covered on Saturday.
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) is your destination! It is easy to grab an Uber to get downtown or there are several rental car agencies in the area.
- Thursday: New PD training – Time TBD
- Friday: Registration will start at 7:30 am and the Opening Session will be at 8:30. Be sure to arrive in time for the conference kickoff.
- Saturday: The conference will conclude at 8:30 pm.
Summit Service Projects:
- Community Housing of Wyandotte County (CHWC) is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3), community development corporation dedicated to revitalizing, stabilizing and reinvesting in Kansas City, Kansas neighborhoods. Their goal is to provide meaningful programs to the residents of Wyandotte County to help them achieve, preserve and sustain quality neighborhoods and housing.
- Splitlog Farm is a unique urban farm near downtown Kansas City, Kansas. It operates across the street from M.E. Pearson Elementary, and students as young as preschoolers come over for outdoor, age appropriate plant science courses. Community Housing Wyandotte County established the farm in 2014 to support their community building and engagement goals and in 2018, formed a partnership with KC Healthy Kids to operate the farm.
- Tall Oaks Camp and Conference Center is a natural place in which to learn, play, rest, contemplate, share, and grow in Linwood, KS. In today’s pressure-oriented society, camp provides a non-threatening environment for America’s youth to be active, to develop competence in life skills, to learn about and enhance their own abilities, and to benefit from meaningful participation in a community designed just for them.
- Youth Volunteer Corps! Right here at HQ.