Viral Video Contest
With warmer days around the corner, we want to get youth across the U.S. and Canada pumped for spring and summer projects through YVC. What better way than to let you, our Youth Volunteers, tell your YVC story and get the word out to those who are missing out! So, we are launching our first ever Viral Video Contest:
Here’s how it works!
- 1. Shoot a short video about YVC.
- 2. Post the video to the Youth Volunteer Corps Facebook page.
- 3. The top three videos with the most likes will receive a prize!
It’s just that easy.
The most ‘Liked’ video as of April 30 at midnight (Central Standard Time) will receive a $75 Visa Gift Card, 2nd place will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card, and 3rd place gets a $25 Visa Gift Card. But the most important thing is to be creative and have fun!
You could film you and your friends on a YVC project, just you talking about your YVC experience, showing all that YVC has accomplished in your community, reliving a funny experience from a YVC project, just being silly, etc. It’s completely up to you! Here are some examples:
- -Give us a 60-second tour of your favorite YVC project.
- -Tell a story of why you think it’s important to volunteer.
- -Interview a couple friends and ask them what they like most about volunteering with YVC.
- -Teach us how to play your favorite icebreaker or teambuilder game.
- -Make up a silly song about YVC.
- -Interview the agency representative at your project about the impact YVC has there.
- -Show us before and after of a single project to show all that you accomplished.
- -Or so many other potential ideas! Have fun with it!
*Any submitted videos may be posted on YouTube and used to promote YVC.
**This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
1. The video must be spearheaded by active YVC Youth Volunteer(s).
2. Videos should be limited to one minute maximum.
3. Videos may not contain licensed music. If you choose to incorporate music, YouTube offers some license-free music, or Free Music Archives offers a collection of music by artists who have chosen to offer their music for free use in videos legally.
4. Though the contest will take place on Facebook, we will request a copy of winning videos in the following formats in order to be uploaded to YouTube: .MOV, .MPEG4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP or WebM.
5. Videos must be posted on the YVC Headquarters Facebook page to qualify. Only Likes on the YVC Headquarters Facebook page will be counted. To share your post with your social network, you must hit “Share” on your video posted to YVC Headquarters’ page. Instruct your friends to click through to YVC’s page to like the video. Do not post your video more than once—only share it. This will ensure that all likes are on your original post.
6. The deadline to post your video is April 30th.
Questions? Contact Kirsten Overby at email@example.com. Good luck!