How to Have Fun on a YVC Project in 5 Steps
1. Be excited for your project. It’s going to be fun so be excited! Don’t dread it.
2. Talk to people during your project. It’s so fun getting to know people who might not go to your school.
3. Be really involved in the project! Make the most out of your experience by doing all you can to get the full experience. By doing this you’re basically becoming a leader in the project you’re working on.
4. Be open to new things and possibilities during your project. Try to learn new things about the organization or what the organization focuses on. You might be surprised to what you learn from just being open to new things.
5. Enjoy the experience! Pick a project that you are passionate about. This is not hard to do especially with all the options your local YVC gives you. If you don’t like the outdoors, don’t pick a farm project. Pick a project with an organization that works with kids if you enjoy working with children. It’s important to enjoy what you’re doing. So make sure to have fun when working on your project.
Thanks, Abby, for writing some great tips on how to have fun on each and every YVC project! Do you have a great idea on how to make your volunteering experience even better? Contact Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your story!